This privacy notice is published by First County Monitoring, a trading name of Careline Security Ltd (“First County Monitoring” or “FCM” or “we” or “us) in England under number 07443823, and sets out how First County Monitoring uses and protects any information that you give when you use this website.
Our details are as follows:
- Legal entity: Careline Security Limited
- ICO Registration Number: ZA034004
- Data Protection Officer:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Addres: Careline Security Ltd T/A First County Monitoring, Adelaide House, Vivars Way, Selby, YO8 8BE
Any reference to you or yours means is a reference to any user of this site, of our services or any person who supplies us with information. By using our website or taking any of our services you agree to the use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy notice.
What personal data do we collect?
This Privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, how we will collect it and how we use your personal data as a user of our website and apps.
By using our website or apps you agree to the use of your personal information set out in this Privacy Notice.
When you visit any of our websites you can browse without giving us any personal information, however we will use various third-party tools (as identified below) to collect behaviour-based data around your use of our website. The type of data we collect includes:
- The number of visitors
- What pages are viewed
- How long is spent looking at our website
Any data collected by the third-party tools will not be processed by us, nor will we make any attempt to use this information to identify individual visitors to our websites.
As a user of our website, we will also collect the following information about your visit, such as:
- IP address
- What pages are viewed
- Information requested
- Date and time of your request
- Source of your access e.g., the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website
- Browser version
- Operating system
Like many other websites, we may use a standard technology called a “cookie”. Cookies collect information about your use of our website to enable you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, and to improve user experience.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can register your interest in any of our products and services by providing your details to us through our website:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the internal record keeping, i.e. provision of service.
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect information about you:
- Directly: This information will be gathered from a direct interaction with you by:
- You corresponding with us by post, email, phone through social media or through forms on our website, online tools or apps.
- An Application for our products or services or a request for more information
- A request for more information about the company to be sent to you
- A request for marketing to be sent to you
- Your completion of a survey
- Automatically: Some personal data is collected automatically when you visit our website as described in the “What personal data do we collect?” Section of this privacy notice
- Third parties: This information will be provided to us via a third party to enable us to provide services.
How we use your personal data and who will we share your personal with?
How we use your personal data and who we will share it with will depend on the reason for us obtaining the data and is described in more detail within this Privacy notice.
We will only use your personal data with your consent, or where:
- We are looking to enter a contract with you or to perform our obligations under the contract
- We are complying with a legal obligation
- To protect your vital interest
- To pursue one of our legitimate interests
We must share your personal data with:
- Third parties who provide us with services to enable us to deliver the services we offer.
- Our professional advisors or by third parties who provide us with services which we use internally to administer our services
- Regulators and other authorities for the purposes of prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences or issues relating to national security or, where we are required to do so in the event of a national emergency to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements as identified within this Privacy notice or within our contract with you
Some external third parties (for example our suppliers) are based outside the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and if they process your data as part of our relationship with them it may mean that your personal data is transferred outside the UK or the EEA. Where this occurs, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is applied in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
Personal data will not be sold or transferred to third parties other than:
- As identified in this Privacy notice
- In accordance with our Terms and Conditions or the terms of any other contract we have in place with you
- Where you consent to us doing so
- To comply with lawful requests made by a regulator or other authority
Access and changes to your personal data
You have several rights relating to your personal information, including:
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold.
- The right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information.
- The right to ask us to delete any information if we have no lawful reason to process such data.
- The right to request your personal information be transferred to another person or company.
- The right to object to us contacting you for marketing
More information on this can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights relating to your data (including requesting a copy of the personal data which we hold about you) please contact us in writing at the address given at the start of this notice.
How long do we hold on to your personal data?
We will only use your personal data for as long as we require it to fulfil the purpose which we have collected it for plus any additional period we are required to keep the data for due to legal, accounting and reporting obligations.
In determining how long we can retain the personal data for we will take account of:
- The amount of personal data
- The nature and sensitivity of the personal data
- The harm which would result from unauthorised use or disclosure
- Whether we can achieve our purpose without using the personal data
- Whether we are required to keep the personal data for legal, accounting or reporting obligations
Enquiries and complaints
If you have any further enquiries or concerns about our Privacy Notice, please email, or write to us at the address given at the start of this Privacy notice.
We will always try to resolve any enquiries or complaints, or requests made in relation to your personal data to the best of our ability, but you have the right to complain at any time to:
The Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 01625 545700
Fax: 01625 524510